Evidence 101

EVIDENCE 101...Wherever you go, there you are...







Thursday, March 3, 2016

Blue Cannabalism

First of all, the Republican debate tonight is the worst one I have seen. It's disgusting. Now, back to your regular scheduled programming...

Seems I continue to rub some people the wrong way. I have no idea how that could happen. Bwahahaha! Along those same lines today I have been called "a feminist" (shudder), and "butt hurt".



I just prefer to be called happy with a twist of sarcasm and blunt realism. It was just because I said something on social media that I did not look at my brothers in blue as a piece of dating meat, but that I worked with them as professionals and did not treat them as playgrounds. That doesn't mean I didn't joke around, but some of the way these cops talk about other cops on social media. Aye, yi, yi.

Disclaimer: This post contains paraphrases, not all of my exact words. The comments were short text versions.

Stop the bus, Bert.



Who was really butt hurt? Me or them? Certainly not me. Surprised? Yes. I shouldn't have been.  I made three comments and walked away to their 21 and still counting as of now.

You would have thought I farted in church.

Pardon me, sir, but do you not think about sexual harassment allegations coming your way when you act like a bozo? Apparently, this is not a concern in the young minds of today. None of that would fly in my department. Sure we jab and jest, but nothing to the point of treating each other like a slab of meat.

I got it, Gaga!
It just goes to show you that I could be a chief. I think like one. Nah. Not really. It's my age. That shit is juvenile and stupid. Maybe I should not have told the guy he was being disrespectful to female cops and his wife. Oops. I brought in the "wife."

Oh, well.

It wasn't about his initial posts, but the convos later with other officers in the thread which for some reason made me feel obligated to let my thoughts spew from my fingers. Sometimes I need lessons just to shut the hell up and look away, never mind the peanut gallery. Who knows why at that moment in time I had the urge to say my two cents. Dumb. LOL.

Nice thing that happened when you just walk away from the slaughterhouse...was that a cop reading the thread pm'd me and asked if I was doing OK with the backlash. It made me smile and giggle. We had to exchange some jabs and joked about not having thin skin in a room full of cops.

Haters gonna hate.

Hate spelled backwards is etah. E-tah (eee-taaa) Used in a sentence, "Go etah bag of dicks."

There. I just proved I am not chiefworthy and belong next to the peanuts. I'd like to be a cashew. They are my favorite.








3 comments:

Allenspark Lodge said...

Oddly, I don't find the label "feminist" insulting. Just sort of old fashioned. Kind of like being an abolitionist.


Cashew later,

Bill

MrGarabaldi said...

Hey Momma Fargo;

Naaa, you don't strike me as a feminist...they burn bras and other shit. You are Just Fargo.....Does that make sense?

Cheryl said...

"Feminist" is one of those words that are somewhat grayish in their meaning depending on how who is using the term and how it's being interpreted. Today most women border on being "feminists as we expect equal rights and pay in most instances but most of us recognize that common sense has to play a role. Neither sex should have an advantage based solely on their gender. I think you nailed it when you brought in the concept of "professionalism".

Men and women need to be accountable to be professional. I can't tell you the number of times in the years I worked that sexual harassment suits were filed because men and women were having affairs...often AT WORK. Women can claim harassment because the guy is her boss but that doesn't alleviate her responsibility. Both men and women need to behave like it's a workplace not a playground.