Evidence 101

EVIDENCE 101...Wherever you go, there you are...







Monday, March 21, 2016

It's All About The Crack, All About The Crack

So this is the time when I need a lot of input from the peanut gallery. There seems to be a huge disparity amongst the masses when it pertains to POTUS and fallen officers. Many law enforcement and civilians have been crying out that President Obama has said nothing in regards to the increase in police officers being shot, especially when they succumb to their injuries. No public statement.

I'm not even going to address those who speak out about the fact that he doesn't attend their funerals. I, for one, could not pick which funerals to attend if I was POTUS-all fallen LEO-or only those who are killed in the line of duty. Soldiers? Indeed. Should I attend all or just call? And is that even feasible? I would have to plan this out first thing on day one. Wait. I'm not even remotely interested in being the president.

Sure. He could call the families. Is it his duty or the governor's?

Then there are those, including several LEOs who think that it isn't customary for the president to address the concern, but it falls on the states. I really have mixed feelings. It might be too much to ask that he attend all the funerals, but what about addressing the nation?

But what some aren't recognizing is the shift in environment. Ever since President Obama made statements after Ferguson, the nation has spiraled into the abyss. Now I'm not saying he is the only one to blame. I am saying it was a catalyst. Division keeps going. In fact, I'm pretty sure we have now exceeded a big 'ol crack in that aspect.



It's Us versus Them. It's White versus Black. Don't mind all the other colors in there, just the two. It's The Law versus The Lawless. And you know what is scary? There are good law-abiding citizens protesting violently. There is division where there wasn't before. Are we living by a false narrative or are we dredging a ditch wider than needed be? Whiskey-tango-foxtrot!?!



What has been done to change any of this for the better? NOT. A. DAMN. THING.

Oh, wait. Police ambushes and attacks are on the rise. It's a weekly news event and becoming an old hat occurrence. Erg. That is NOT something we want to shout about. What? That's not a better change.

Sure LEOs now have to tip toe through their job. Just as before, they continue to weed out the bad apples. Bad apples are in every organization, agency, business, etc. with many employees. It's just a natural cycle, sadly. Cameras are now expected. That was going to happen anyway. It was a technological trend occurring before all this nonsense. Isn't it odd that they have mostly worked in LEOs' favor? Wait. Those were the inevitable.

What did we do as a nation? Do we hug our neighbors? Did we come together? Did I miss it?



Well, I sit here waiting for earth shattering changes. Meanwhile, I hope I don't get swallowed up by the crack.

7 comments:

Cheryl said...

I think the media has done such a disservice to police departments by not only showing edited footage over and over but how they relay the story associated with the footage. Ferguson is a classic example. There was such a bias and prejudice in the reporting that definitely stirred the pot. I didn't think the comments by Obama were meant to be effective, they were meant to pacify both sides. Which of course wasn't even possible in Ferguson. The stories I could tell you would take pages and pages on your comment section. I used to be a 911 operator not far from there. (although, I only covered bank alarms but it put me in the "know" of the general atmosphere of the area).

Anyway I consider Obama's speech during the Ferguson fiasco, pretty ineffectual. If you are the top dog in charge then act like an Alpha dog. Don't try to pacify..try to rectify.

Now that there have been other examples of questionable shootings it seems that these continued attacks and killing of police officers isn't garnering the same indignation that Ferguson elicited when that was being reported.

I appreciate that there are bad cops and some of the shootings shouldn't of happened but doesn't that work both ways? Police officers being shot should elicit even more outrage. They are after all putting themselves in harms way to protect and defend others.

I think your point is a good one about the fact that cameras might be a good thing as it may clear unjustified accusations. In this climate of anti-cop, I would want to cover my ass if I worked as a police officer.



Momma Fargo said...

Cheryl,

I, too, blame some disservice on the media. They spin things for an agenda and before you know it, they have made a viral frenzy. I loved cameras when I had them. At first I was apprehensive and after a few months, I felt naked without and boy howdy...good evidence on there.

MrGarabaldi said...

Hey Momma Fargo;

I am writing with one hand, so my statement will be shorter than normal, I blame the liar in chief, when he send representatives to the funeral of the thugs in question but keeps silent on the shot popo. So he sets the narrative. Having the spear of the law and order movement getting ambushed shows that there is a tide of anger against the popo...some of it justified, most not but they push a narrative for their own political purposes.

Momma Fargo said...

Mr. G, you make some very good observations. I still can't get a grasp on all this bad turn of events.

Old NFO said...

+1 on Cheryl, but the Prez could do more by changing the narrative coming out of the administration. Right now, he's obviously in the community organizer mode re the LEOs... No concern/care for the fallen, nor their families. Sad, but only 11 more months!

Momma Fargo said...

Old NFO... Only 11 more months

Bob G. said...

Momma Fargo:
Yeah, what your other commenters said...(with TWO thumbs up).
I have to add this POTUS against the LEOs started BEFORE Ferguson.
Ferguson was just the pot BOILING over, but it was working on that prior, thanks to liberalism and it's "forgive the perps, screw law-enforcement" rhetoric.
Thing is, chaos is getting it's "nose in the damn tent", and we all know where that can wind up.

Good post (and spot on comments).

Stay safe out there, people.