Evidence 101

EVIDENCE 101...Wherever you go, there you are...







Monday, March 14, 2016

Nerd Chic with Fargozilla

The presidential campaigning is beginning to look a lot like the "battle of the bikers" or a contemporary Godfather episode. Call me Fargozilla, but I'm getting a little frazzled by all the chaos to a point I have to only get snipits and move on before I get a perma frown and the chic wears off my nerd.

Fargozilla-No that isn't grey hair, bitches!
That's platinum highlights!


Add to the mixture more blue lines lost and I'm about to cut a bitch. Not really, but I had to express my frustration in violent words.

I've been reading a memoir from a Wyoming woman who has a famous family. I'm not going to mention it right now, because a review will be following. However, it took me back to a time when I was growing up in Wyoming and gave me a longing for those times again.

Even when I was at the River War Haus having to pick up dead deer, throw hay to the horses in a blinding snowstorm, chip ice in below zero weather, kill rattlesnakes in the yard, or the time we had to bury one of my beloved dogs are still more plentiful living than what I am seeing and experiencing now. To put that in perspective means, you know how precious my pets are to me.

We can't ever get those days back and I don't know that longing after them is the right choice either, but it soothes my soul for just a nano second.  It is sad those ways of living are lost on future generations. I don't know if we can even swing back our moral compasses because my faith in humanity is hanging on by a shoe string.

It might sound odd to you but I grimace when someone can't keep up with me on a flat trail or groans about their feet hurting at walking a half mile in 65 degrees on a sunny day, while constantly grumbling they parked too far away. Whew. That was a long bitchy sentence. I'm an active person and while I do recognize not everyone is fat farm girl fresh and active, it seems that there is a lot more to complain about. I have no sympathy for lazy, even when I decide to let it overcome me. I also really, really can't stand pussies. I do realize pussies come in all shapes and sizes with varying degrees of difficulty.

But, sweet Jesus!

Can't anyone get a grip anymore?

These news headlines added to my personal misery and observations, coupled with my lack of ability to find a rugged friend has got me retreating to my hole. Turtle mode activated. I don't know. I think I want to barricade myself in my house for no apparent reason but to avoid the stupid world of idiocy and people. I really want to avoid people. Maybe I'm turning into a pussy. If you can't lick 'em, shoot 'em,  or eat 'em, join 'em! Call the cops.

I could make their hostage negotiation training super entertaining.

9 comments:

lotta joy said...

I am NOT going walking with you or anyone else. If I wanted to get mowed down by a car, I'd cross the bridge at rush hour. If I wanted to be shot by a hunter, I'd run through Detroit with dollar bills sticking out of my underwear. Couch Collapse kills 66 year old woman. So it is written, so it shall be.

Momma Fargo said...

lotta joy, LOL. You get a free pass. And so shall it be LAW. :)

Well Seasoned Fool said...

I want a slide in camper for my truck and a summer in Browns Park.

Momma Fargo said...

WSF... What is holding you back?

Cheryl said...

I can't imagine you are becoming a pussy. I totally on board with what you are saying.

I too have been more than a bit nostalgic as of late when I compare what is going on around me (and through the media)and how it was when I was a kid. I know our past probably isn't quite as we remember it seems that there once was more of a "can do" attitude, in general. It often feels like I am surrounded by whiners that want everything to magically appear without any effort on their behalf.

I, also find it a bit annoying when I am with a group of women and they are moaning and groaning about walking even a short distance. Don't even get me started on how I feel about all those little scooters everywhere.

I know I am sounding like an intolerant bitch but, perhaps, I too am just a little pissy because there is so much nastiness in the news as of late. Not exactly the stuff to pump us all up and motivate us to be all positive.

Too bad you don't live in Kansas City. I love hiking and can't find anyone interested in moving more than a snails pace...for about 5 minutes before they are exhausted.

Old NFO said...

People are, by and large, into the gimme mode... And think they can do what they want, cause it's their 'right'... As far as exercise, too many sit in front of the computers all day and most of the night. For them, 'exercise' is walking from the office to the kitchen and back. :-(

Bob G. said...

Momma Fargo:
I'm running w/ Old NFO on this one. In total agreement.
We have this "entitlement" mentality in place and who wants to stop the gravy-train from stopping at THEIR station?
(I never got my ticket punched on that off-the-rails gig).

It's an AMTRAK accident waiting to happen.
Good post and some very good comments.

Roll safe down there, dear.

Momma Fargo said...

ERg, Cheryl...if only I lived closer. :(

Well Seasoned Fool said...

Oh, obligation, money, the usual.