Evidence 101

EVIDENCE 101...Wherever you go, there you are...







Thursday, April 14, 2016

Funny Haha or Funny Odd

A gallon of water.

That is the goal today set forth by my fitness coach. I have set my water out and will pour during the day. However, I forgot my lemons and it does not go as fast without them. Setbacks. This fitness challenge I accepted is not easy, but that's the point...it's a challenge. The water part was supposed to be easy, but now it's hard...

I am tired of bodily functions going awry! Ack!



chal·lenge
ˈCHalənj/
noun
  1. 1.
    a call to take part in a contest or competition, especially a duel.
    "he accepted the challenge"
    synonyms:dareprovocation;
    "he accepted the challenge"
  2. 2.
    an objection or query as to the truth of something, often with an implicit demand for proof.
    "a challenge to the legality of the order"
    synonyms:test, questioning, disputestandoppositionconfrontation
    "a challenge to his leadership"
verb
  1. 1.
    invite (someone) to engage in a contest.
    "he challenged one of my men to a duel"
  2. 2.
    dispute the truth or validity of.
    "employees challenged the company's requirement"
    synonyms:question, disagree with, dispute, take issue with, protest against, call into question, object to
    "we challenged their statistics"

I think my current challenge ranks in all of these above definitions at one time or another.

Explanation of what I am gisting (that is a word, damn you spellcheck...it's my derivative of the word gist) at-NOUN: 1)A contest, 2)objection of truth-(my fat barking out at me to stop), ...VERB: 1) inviting myself to continue with lots of pretty pleases, and 2) question why the fuck do I do these things?

Yesterday I ran for an hour but I didn't make it through my PiYo/strength training. I fell asleep. Epic failure. The day was cluttered with so many frazzling university emergencies that after I ran for an hour, I took a shower and went to bed. Wow. The life of an adventurer. Added stress for the next two days is that I am hosting a professor from London and I hope I don't start talking back to him in a British accent. I have a tendency to mimic people when I am with them for a long time. Egads. It's not on purpose. He is a delightful fellow. See. It is happening already.

Maybe that is why I am so ghetto?

Challenges are everywhere. I think we are faced with them every day. Sometimes, there are those who just face the challenge of getting out of bed. I know what that is like on a rainy day or working nights without good rest. However, for some people the challenge goes deeper than that into dread. Those days are really scary. I hope none of you face those moments or if you do you find the courage to escape the blanket monsters.

So do you challenge yourself on occasion? Like a food plan, a hobby, a project, a new goal, a race, a vacation plan, hiking, biking, kayaking, writing, grilling, new recipe? If not, what are you waiting for?

I'm challenging myself to vote this year. I would never skip it, but it is going to be deep dread. I'm worried the establishment is going to be nasty and not sway the delegates so we have an open convention. Boo hiss. Let the dice fall. The Republicans have got to get their poop in a group. How many times can I say that? Ack! It's time to bring in Madea.



Ta ta for now! I'm off to take an English gentleman on a roundabout and off to David Letterman we go. I hope I don't do something totally stupid. So far he is very nice, funny, and full of knowledge. I'm going to soak it up like a sponge.





2 comments:

Bob G. said...

Momma Fargo:
Sounds like you got yourself a rather FULL plate.
ENGLISH you say?
(I'd be careful about using the word FAG around him, but since you don;t smoke - never-mind...LOL)
Every day seems to be a challenge, but that's the fun in it.
If life doesn't CHALLENGE you, it will never CHANGE you (and hopefully, for the better).

Good post.
Cheerio, Dearie.
Roll safe down there.

Cheryl said...

I am a very disciplined person and I thrive on challenges IF (and this is a big IF) IF, I am committed to do something then hell or high water it will get done. If I set some dietary goals or fitness goals I will stick with it until I accomplish what I set out to do. You sound like you do that too. You obviously don't take the easy way either, from the sounds of it. Running for an hour and then PI/YO!!! HOLY MOLY!!!

I think you and I have talked about this but...I walk/run for 5 miles at 5 AM but then I eat breakfast and dawdle a bit before going to the gym. Not back to back and I doubt that I could actually run a full mile let alone an hour without intermittent walking involved.

I use a personal trainer one day a week to just go over what I need to be working on then I try to incorporate that into the week.

Onto the professor...I, also, take on accents when I am around people. We seriously are cosmically linked. I'd be saying things like "Pardon, I have to go to the loo." 30 minutes in to hanging out with him.