Evidence 101

EVIDENCE 101...Wherever you go, there you are...







Thursday, April 7, 2016

Prelude To A Kiss

Sometimes when you browse around your news feed on FacePlant you see something which really captures your attention. I am warning you of graphic photos to come with feelings of shit thee pants on my part. I did change them. The pants. Not the photos. My old area 51 partner posted these below pics today. I have his permission to repost his story and pics.

Apparently he was at the police academy doing downed officer drills and firearms training when something not so magical fantastical happened.

He just called it a "bad day at the office."

That's Greg.

Let me give you some back story. He is an ex-Marine and nothing ever phased him. I never saw him get overly excited about anything. In fact, he was so calm it was eerie. I am glad he is my friend.

Add his dry humor and there you have the perfect Area 51 cop partner to counteract my crazy. He was a joy to work with and I do miss his antics.

Well...when I asked him about this, he said, "hit steel with the previous shot which was solid (so no squib) and then all fuck broke loose." I asked him if he crapped his pants. He said he did not, but he yelled "fuck" really loud. Word of choice. Describes everything out of emotion...good and bad.



I know you are all thinking "holy shitoly" and "damn, I would be so pissed about my lost of weapon about now." I mean, really pissed about that Glock. 

Yep. Not happy. Well, you know the ginger in me would explode, but Greg mad is calm mad. I wonder what he looks like super mad? I don't know. Never have seen it.

He did like to stir me up and get me wound up on calls so I would let the idiots have it with one my Fargo lectures and snarls of disapproval. It was like when your little brother pokes you to the point you punch him in the face and you are the one who gets in trouble.

Anyway.

What happened to Greg, you say?

Yes,  I was more concerned about Greg's injuries. Anticipating those types of concerns, he posted his injuries along with the destroyed firearm. He luckily escaped with minor ones. Thank, God! 

The FacePlant comments. I wish I could share them. I will have to say that he was asked by fellow man if his vagina was OK. That's how we all roll. Snark and circumstance.

Doesn't he have nice hands? Like no manual labor ever crosses them or something. I wonder if he uses lotion. I should ask him that...it would make him tell me to "shut the fuck up"...but it would humor me. 




So naturally, I asked what ammo did he use?

He stated it was factory RWS frangible ammo and thought it must have been an overloaded round. 

Now something you should note. Greg is a firearms genius if there ever was one and keeps his weapons spotless and properly oiled. Everything is well taken care of and he is not lazy like me, allowing dust bunnies to formulate in his holsters or magazines. These are his babies. But it's no big deal for him to replace them. I get attached. Like there are memories in that piece of plastic. Years of stand by me type of thing.  He really takes it all in stride. 

Egads, Mertyle. That man needs a Guinness. 


14 comments:

Momma Fargo said...

Oops. Forgot info....Model 21...45 cal

Tennessee Grammie said...

Whoa! Factory load can be F#^&ed up, but not as often as reloads. I won't shoot reloads; the S/man shakes his head at my heels dug in on that issue. Glad Greg wasn't hurt any worse!! Has he sent pictures to the ammo company?

Momma Fargo said...

Yep. He called the company. I am cautios about reloads. Lol. I bring my own store bought kind now.

Well Seasoned Fool said...

I shoot mainly reloads. Never a problem. Of course I shoot a real firearm, rounds in a cylinder, and no damn plastic. Can you say revolver.

Wyatt Earp was supposed to have said, "Speed is fine, accuracy is final". If you carry a revolver, you don't "spray and pray".

Momma Fargo said...

But do you reload with Budweiser? That lies in the problem. LOL. I have never had a problem with reloads, but have seen several LEO overload them. It depends on how many beers they had during the process. Ugh. So now, I just buy ammo for myself and don't take chances. I don't know how to reload, so I don't do it all. Now...the Russian Bear makes some really great reloads. I trust his.

Wyatt Earp was right. I think the best line is "SPEED KILLS." His line works too.

Momma Fargo said...

Greg reported he was very sore. I'm sure it is painful. He will be off work for about a week to recover. He has a spare firearm and hopefully he will get the other replaced rightfully so by the manufacturer of the ammo. He is a trooper. Many thanks to him for sharing this incident.

Bob G. said...

Momma Fargo:
Man, that's some SERIOUS "major fail" there!
(guess Glock will be making good on a replacement).
Glad to here your ex-A-51 LEO is OK.

FRANGIBLE ammo, you say?
Did't say that round was supposed to come apart IN the pistol and take it along for the ride...CRIPES - NOT cool AT ALL.
Closest I came to something like that was with a buddy's S&W M59. Had a round that failed to fire,, so I reloaded it and tried again.
Well, the round went downrange okay, BUT, the left side grip blew off.
Got some powder burns out of it, and that was it.
Turns out the cartridge casing SPLIT down the side,
(and it wasnt even +P ammo - just standard FMJ 9 mm)
The pistol was sent back to S&W, got a clean "bill of health" and sent back with new grips.
And we never used reloads AGAIN on that pistol.
Never had a problem with ANY other weapon since, either.

Good post.
Roll safe down there, dear.

Momma Fargo said...

Hey, Bob! Yep, it was the load, not the gun, so the ammo people were contacted. Yikes. That's about all I have to say about it. I surely would have pooped my pants. LOL. Cool that your gun got fixed. I use reloads, but trusted ones. LOL

Mad Jack said...

That's a real piss-cutter. I'm glad he's okay. If you get a chance to talk to him again, ask him if he's developed a brand new flinch.

I've shot trusted reloads before, but they come from Big Mike, who is absolutely paranoid about the state of the casings and the reloading process. I think his reloads are more reliable than the factory ammo. Likewise, I've seen factory ammo that's bad right out of the box.

Pass along my best regards as opportunity presents itself.

lotta joy said...

Oh shit, I just got a chill up my ass. Have you ever fired a Desert Eagle? Yeah. I hadn't either, so on my first chance, (I was outdoors) I sat down and scooted my butt up firmly against the front wheel on a jeep. (any jeep will do) But the gun was so huge I must have used my left hand in a support position that cupped the fingers ABOVE the pipe.

I want to tell you that when I shot, the rack slammed onto my finger and the web to my thumb. I nearly had a heart attack thinking I had, somehow, shot myself in the hand.

The target was unharmed, but my bleeding finally subsided after 20 minutes.

Has he figured out why the shell didn't leave the pipe???

Old NFO said...

Lot of QC issues with ammo seem to be cropping up in the last year... sigh

Momma Fargo said...

Mad Jack...I'm sure Greg will be fine. He's a Marine. He is healing well with some distilled beverages by his side. Much better than pain killers. I will give him your love.

lotta joy...I'm not sure except they think the round was overloaded with gun powder. That's just a guess. We may have a final verdict down the road. Your story about the side, made me pee my pants. Owie.

Momma Fargo said...

Old NFO...I know, right? Do you think it is a liberal mole in the factories trying to sabotage firearms so gun control sounds so much better? LOL. I'm so funny today! Robots. That's what we need. Us humans are so dumb we can't figure out the gun powder ratios. Oy.

GunDiva said...

The only reloads I shoot are from the shooting hubby. He's all anal-retentive and shit, so I know they're as safe to shoot as factory. Probably safer, judging from Greg's gun.