Evidence 101

EVIDENCE 101...Wherever you go, there you are...







Wednesday, April 13, 2016

Strange As The Color 9

Today's piece is brought to you by the letters S,T, the word "range", and the color 9. I bet you just put that together as Strange as the Color 9. You might be right. 

Let me demonstrate in a meme...(it's been around the world a hundred times, but it is still funny)...




I think my first mistake was watching the news and then reading it online. It was a double whammy. If we were only to read headlines these days and not the entire articles, we might think we have reached the Zombie Apocalypse, several rebel groups have been forming on the outskirts of town to overthrow the world, the Wild Wests (Kim and Kanye) are running the country, and our placement into sectors has been determined on The Voice. Meanwhile, public stoning came back and people are put on death row based upon Facebook polls.

Sometimes I look around and wonder which planet I got dropped off on. Then the goat got kidnapped again...

This really got my goat today in the news....




Therefore, since my panties are in a wad, I am going to just go with the flow of weird across the nation and totally go off the grid just like everyone else. After all, I am a sheeple. (It really hurt to type that.) Good thing this post is full of false narratives and alien psychology. So here you go...

Word of the week is: midgin.

A person who has had no sexual intercourse with a midget

The state of being a Midgin is known as Midginity 
(Urban Dictionary)
Used in a sentence: Fargo is a Midgin and remains in the state of Midginity. 

Have fun with that. I have no idea. It was just there on the internet and I had to share because I had never heard of it before. Strange. I wonder how many Midgins are in the world and do we really care?
Another Color 9 moment is that Greg is supposed to report back to work today! Yay! Glad he is healed after Glockgate. See:Prelude To A Kiss for the entire write up. 
I know you all have been waiting on the history of color psychology and why it is so effective in marketing. I did learn something in college. Just in case you think I made this up, I am now going to provide you the quote from Wikipedia...so it is true...it's the like Google Bible of Random Knowledge and Facts. Of course, who knows who the authors are to most of the blips on that site, but there they enter these random facts for all of us to behold!
"Color psychology is the study of hues as a determinant of human behavior. Color influences perceptions that are not obvious, such as the taste of food. Colors can also enhance the effectiveness of placebos. For example, red or orange pills are generally used as stimulants. Another way in which colors have been used to influence behavior was in 2000, when the company Glasgow installed blue street lights in certain neighborhoods in order to reduce the crime rate. Color can indeed influence a person; however, it is important to remember that these effects differ between people. Factors such as gender, age, and culture can influence how an individual perceives color. For example, males reported that red colored outfits made women seem more attractive, while women answered that the color of a male's outfit did not affect his attractiveness."
I know for a fact that blue lights reduce the crime rate. Duh. I turned them on frequently when I was a cop and people magically got in the back seat of my car and stopped being naughty for a few days. Bam! Crime reduced. 
Red makes us women attractive? Attract what? Flies? Boys? Looks? Whistles? Shit magnets?
OK ladies...go get those red dresses. 
Boobs=more followers
I am a little too fat to fit into mine right now. However, I am working on that. I will have to use this picture to remind myself for inspiration and that I had boobs at one time not long ago that were not all over the place. 
Maybe today we need some purple. Here is purple color psychology according tot the internet experts: "Purple relates to the imagination and spirituality. It stimulates... (they used the word stimulates...[giggle])...the imagination and inspires high ideals heels. It is an introspective color, allowing us to get in touch with ourselves deeper thoughts. "I kind of edited some stuff in there. 
Have a great day! Go touch yourself! Go be purple today!

3 comments:

Bob G. said...

Momma Fargo:
I also came across the meme the other day (was trying to look up something about Muppets and BUNSEN and "Beaker" - go figure...LOL.
Yeah, it IS pretty damn funny.

As to the whole COLOR stuff. I get that.
I know that the color CAR you drive has some fun facts (like the FACT that we're being exposed to TOO much BLUE light with all our social-media "toys" like tablets, smart(ass) phones, and such.
I mentioned that in a post not that long ago.
And yes, BLUE light (when properly combined with RED light) can also have it's problems...like to ALL the CRIMS caught in whatever "act" that's breaking whatever LAW.
Being exposed to THAT light can often get you a "free ride" to the nearest jail, too. Talk about a "public service"...HA!

There is a level of credibility to it.
Maybe that's why I drive a BLACK car (It's a bit sinister...AND, it's beautiful...until you have to WASH it damn near every day).

Good post, Kiddo.

ROll safe down there, dear.

Cheryl said...

That is a BIG mistake for sure..watching the news is bad enough but reading some headline that rarely matches the actual content of the article is an extra kick in the teeth. Of course, in order to have a trifecta of slanted perspectives is to read the headline on the Internet. There you have the extra bonus of some video that whirls and whirls while it streams the article word for word. I can only assume that the people that manage websites assume that we are no longer capable of reading and have to read the words for us.

As for the color psychology..totally believe that color plays around with our feelings. Yellow = happy, blue = calming etc. There are statistics that say orange is an appetites enhancer. I am not sure that all the kids that hate carrots would agree...so this study might have some errors.

Well Seasoned Fool said...

Pulled the plug on the cable four years ago. Now I get my dose of outrage online with bloggers and social media. After all, Abe Lincoln pointed out not everything on the internet is true.

Boobs? Never saw a pair I didn't like, except at Walmart.