Evidence 101

EVIDENCE 101...Wherever you go, there you are...







Friday, May 27, 2016

Teenzilla's Final School Moments

Just as Teenzilla arose with a fiery thug...I cowered in the corner. I did not know what to expect. Each day is different.

BUG: Mom, how does this look?

ME: It is a very pretty outfit. You look very nice.

BUG: Well, I need your opinion. I think I should wear a brown cardigan with it. What do you think?

ME: No. I don't think it would look right. It looks nice just the way it is and you would be too hot. Besides brown would not go.

BUG: (miffed) Fine. What about a white shirt on top of this one?

ME: No, honey. I don't think so. It is just right the way it is.

BUG: I DON'T LIKE YOU! YOU DON'T KNOW WHAT YOU ARE TALKING ABOUT? YOU DON'T HELP ME!



And so I don't know why Teenzilla would ask for my opinion and then explode when she didn't like the answer. Oh wait. It's the teenager thing. Sigh.

I left for work heavy-hearted because I don't like to leave things like that in the morning, but it has become quite regular.

So I was hated until she came home from school, crying. I received a frantic call in the middle of my workout and I had to rush home to see what was wrong. She jumped up off the couch when I strolled in all sweaty and gross and almost knocked me over with a bear hug. The tears were flowing.

Apparently, some kid at school had started a rumor about her having an oral sex moment with another boy. Little buttheads. She just sobbed and said she prides herself on being a virgin and a nice girl. It ruined her reputation, she declared.

"Mommy, I am not a slut!"

"Yes, honey, I know that."

Oh, we are so wise and old and having gone through such ugly rumors, and survived them all. I know no words I said made it better.



So it was Cheetos.

Cheetos make everything better. And ice cream. But we didn't have any.

I thought about offering some wine and chocolate, but then that would be some bad parenting. So I had it.

Cheetos. Comfort food for Teenzillas. Remember that.




5 comments:

Tennessee Grammie said...

If I could put Bug in the time machine and ff to 2026 I would do it in the blink of an eye! Remind her that the 'nasty rumor spreaders' do not matter in the big scheme, and that her sweet virtue will shine brightly over the jealous crap that spews forth from their mouths. Love and hugs!

Cheryl said...

OK, I want to punch that little pe***** in the throat for spreading vicious rumors about your girl. I know this is teenage crap that goes away but it's so hurtful for Bug now. I hate that for the both of you.

As for the "asking for advice" but not willing to listen. Total teenage personality conflict. It's like being bi-polar but only lasts from 14-19. (ish) I think we need to give it an anagram of some sort. TAAD. (Teenage aggression disorder)

I was talking to my son on the phone the other night and he mentioned yet another reason he doesn't want to have children...and was saying how awful he was in high school. At least as far as his attitude went. Nothing dealing with social or legal issues (by the grace of god) But yet..for about two years or so he was unfit to be around. If we said it was a nice day, he felt the need to challenge us.

All I can say..is that the day will come and Bug will be past all of this chaos and she will remember that you rushed home to support and hug her. She won't remember the little dipshit's name that started the rumor.

MrGarabaldi said...

Hey Momma Fargo'

Remember way back....when we were in highschool, it was the center of our world. After I graduated, and started being a grownup....as far as the world was concerned...I did come to one inescapable conclusion..All that highschool drama didn't mean squat....in the real world. I have told my son that. Kids spreading rumors is what they do, especially of the pretty kids that are good, they want to knock them down a few pegs. All you can do is console her and remind her that her goodness will overpower the rumor and it will fade away when somebody else gets their turn in the limelight. It is crappy but it is how it is. Her friends know how she is, you know how she is...that is all that matters,

Old NFO said...

Agree with Mr. G... She's a good kid, you know it and she knows it. THAT is what counts!

Bob G. said...

Momma Fargo:
I can call this one with ONE word - HORMONES.
(can't live with them, and can't live without them...lol.)

Roll safe out there, dear.