Evidence 101

EVIDENCE 101...Wherever you go, there you are...







Tuesday, July 26, 2016

Ducking History

I feel and smell like a wet, sweaty sock should appear as after 5 basketball games in Georgia. Ripe. Sweaty. Gross.

It's hot.

And I'm not exaggerating.

I still managed to put out another article on criminaljusticedegree.com without wilting. However, my first published draft was woo-eee and I had to rush in there and edit some things. Heat and brain work don't always mix. This time I talked about some personal commitments to make for today's police work. Seems like common sense, but yet it so easy to be complacent.
Yeah, baby!

In the homeland news, the politics still seem to dominate the headlines despite the more important tragedies across the globe. I really am wary of international travel right now. Not that something might happen anywhere, but gee golly. I just want to lock myself up in a mountain cabin until it is all over and enjoy some peace. Crazy assed people. I mean people is crazy. All people. Everywhere.

And I'm not even talking about the homefront which is bonkers.

It's like America took it's head and put it so far up its own ass that we just look like new version of those teletubby freaks.



There really isn't any reliable news source out there. They are all skewed to an agenda of sorts. Bastards.

The only thing that sparked my attention this morning was on the radio when I heard Michelle Obama say something along the lines that it was hard to wake up every morning in a house that slaves built. OMFG. Seriously. We can't change history. It is where we came from and we can only change the present and sway the future, nothing in the past can be altered unless you are Marty McFly and Doc Brown.

At least appreciate the carpentry and architecture for Pete's sake. It is a beautiful building. Pet the damn thing and pray if all else fails. Fuck.

I guess I am getting sick of people living in the past and trying to knock down the truth of how America came to be and the history of it. History is good and bad, brutal and triumphant. There are victories and failures and lots of what the fucks. But fuck me in the ass...stop trying to cover it up or destroy monuments. Just because there is a statue of a dude doesn't mean we worship him. We just look at what he looked like and maybe some moment in his or her career. Martin Luther King Jr. didn't go around with all this nonsense. He trudged forward and focused on today.

I have never heard of such a thing as a monument movement to destroy historical pieces. Stupid. It's not like Gengis Khan or Hitler where they were rulers or dictators and we salute them every day. Weirdos. It's a freaking statue of a dude on a horse.

I think it feels good just to walk up to him and flip him off, saying, "Yeah, fuck you, dude. I have a lot of black friends. I even was married to one. What do you think about that?"

Oh, I forgot to tell you that I am not always politically correct.

Ok. I think I got that frustration out. Typing is so good for the soul. Emotions just spew freely and later you might have to delete everything, but right now I feel pretty solid.







4 comments:

Tennessee Grammie said...

In researching my ancestors, I distinctly remember the first time I read a GGGG-Grandfather's Will, bequeathing slaves to his descendants. That rattled my born in California roots to the core. But it taught me that times were different in the past and we should not put today's standards on something that happened in the past. I have ancestors that fought for both sides in the Revolutionary War, the War of 1812 and the Civil War and have visited battle fields and monuments. I agree with you, history is to be studied and hopefully a lesson of right and wrong and maybe. The TRUTH is not always as neatly packaged as we would like.

I live in the upper south and when I see a Confederate flag flying on the back of a pickup truck, I cringe at the ignorance of the history of that flag by the truck owner. But I respect their right to fly a flag representing the losing side in a war that ended 151 years ago.

Destroying historical monuments and buildings only perpetuates ignorance and hate, and ends the opportunity for education about the time in history those monuments and buildings reflect.

Bob G. said...

Momma Fargo:
I agree with about 98% of what you said.
And I never tend to disagree with anyone in law-enforcement...for good reason.
(benefit of the doubt kinda stuff)
--I know we can't CHANGE history...BUT, we CAN LEARN from it (or we're gonna take another run on that freaking merry-go-round AGAIN).
--We can also UNDERSTAND history - figure out what went wrong and FIX it...I mean REALLY fix it, and not patch a compound fracture with a lousy band-aid.
--We create monuments to ACKNOWLEDGE those special people who MADE SOME DIFFERENCE along the way - nothing wrong with that. Anyone who wants to deface them - ARREST them.
--No one said that Michelle (ma'belle) HAD to live inn the WHITE HOUSE, if her conscience bothered her THAT damn much. She should eat less kale...LOL.
--I also have had a lot of good friends who happened to be black. Wish to God I had them around me TODAY.
They'd say the same things I did.

Very good post.
(you're such a spitfire, Kiddo)

Roll safe & keep cool down there, dear.

Cheryl said...

I always appreciate reading your point of view. You seem to have more common sense in your little finger than some others have in their entire body.

I agree that not all things historical came from a decent or moral place but destroying historical artifacts, art or monuments doesn't undo the past either.

As for reliable news sources...I have never seen more editorializing done by mainstream news media as what I have seen or heard in the last 6 months or so. Crazy!! Why they don't just scroll, Vote for [insert name here] across the bottom of the screen and be done with it.

Travel is becoming a dicey proposition. There was a time that just certain regions were cause for concern...now going to a sporting event or theater could be dangerous. I guess we have to just live our lives and hope that we don't become victims. Still...what is wrong with a society that continues to fester hatred and violence??


Old NFO said...

Gotta love revisionist history...