Evidence 101

EVIDENCE 101...Wherever you go, there you are...







Monday, August 29, 2016

Fargo Goes To Colleg e

Apologies to the masses. I know you are probably relieved that I have been away from Da Blog for a few days. Quality over quantity, right? Well, that is in the eyes of the beholder, just like beauty. I have no snark and circumstance. It has failed me. So...in substitution... you will get life updates in Cliff Notes. Some things which might shock you:

1. I am not dead.

2. I did not get locked up in the funny farm.

3. I am not in jail.

4. I am not on an island vacation.

Instead, I am going to grad school and now find my life drowning with studies. Ack!

I really am trying to adjust and so bear with me, if you will. There are some things waking me right "the fuck up" as I like to say:

1. College has changed after 30 years.

2. I am a techno dummie.



3. Being a student is work.

4. Blog language is not good on papers.

5. NO ONE gets me.

6. People don't speak in normal words, but in college code and dictionarial, or pedagogical.

7. What did he say?

8. They still use notebooks and pens! Score!

9. College students under the age of 30 throw fits to get their way.



The list goes on, but I won't bore you with the rest.

7 comments:

Tennessee Grammie said...

I went back to grad school as an ADULT and decided the first week to ignore the children and their antics, buckle down and kick their fannies by being the top of the class. Be an example and show them that they too can be an ADULT and learn!

Old NFO said...

Ah lovely... Having to adult among the special snowflakes... Don't envy you a bit... Hang in there Fargo! :-)

Cheryl said...

Not selling me on the idea of going back to school. (not that I was really considering it as I am not up to working that hard)

I am rather surprised that they are still using notebooks and pens. I figured the young-uns only use electronics these days. I don't recall ever seeing someone under 30 that didn't have a tablet or phone to tap, tap, tap their every thought on.

I am sure you are acing it as you are smarter than the average bear but still that has to be a lot of work. I admire you!!!

Momma Fargo said...

Tennessee Grammie, of course I am going to be a good example. And it won't be hard either. LOL

OldNFO...I know. I am hangin'. LOL

Cheryl...I am struggling, but I will persevere! LMAO Helllpppp meee!

Mad Jack said...

Use a fountain pen, preferably a dip pen. Write in complete sentences; your peers won't be able to understand you.

Ask if anyone knows where the nearest payphone is.

GunDiva said...

You got this, Momma!

Bob G. said...

Momma Fargo:
Hey, I was out of high school EIGHT years before I even went to a college (business one at that).
And, I dropped outta THAT too.
I agree with ALL the points you make about college TODAY (and that's an aside from all the politicizing that also goes down on campuses).

I also have pens and notebooks...we have consensus!

Good post.

Stay safe (and educated) down there, Kiddo.