It appears I am super lax in keeping up appearances and blog posts around here. Certainly, you have missed my funny. Or not. You're welcome.
Some observations of late:
1. Students reacted very badly to a lock down due to a "supposed armed person" seen on campus. The whole place might as well have gone up in smoke. Students had no coping skills and when interviewed by the campus paper, they hid under their beds and peed their pants. I shit you not. Pun intended. Read it here. The next day, NO ONE and I mean NO ONE wore pink. There was a color ban.
2. The FBI is here investigating city corruption. It's just like the 1920's and our own Bugsy Malone is in charge of the city government. Exciting, eh? I find it entertaining. I now know where all the money to repair Indiana roads has gone.
3. I am managing to find, somewhat, my groove in grad school. Today, however, I turned in a paper with an indention problem in one paragraph. Fuck. Me. In. The. Ass. I want to get dinged for major problems not stupid mistakes. Gah!
4. A new Indiana word I learned-ded: kanoodling-gross or raunchy sex. Here I thought it was about fishing. I'm so confused. Oh well. The language of Yankees is so complex.
5. Working out has come to a crossroads. I am losing inches and getting my abs defined. My dang arms are still wacko. Hate 'em. I work them every week and do other things and they are still lunch lady arms. I want ripped biceps again and my triceps to go away. Ack!
6. There is still no world peace. The election is coming and in my head I feel like I should be shouting it like Chicken Little. The election is coming! The election is coming! May God be with us all. Amen.
7. I received a letter yesterday from President Obama encouraging me to vote for Hillary and please save our country. I promptly threw it in the trash after contemplating how many US dollars it took to mail that nice packet to every household. SMH.
Be safe. Be alert. Be vigilant.