Evidence 101

EVIDENCE 101...Wherever you go, there you are...







Thursday, October 20, 2016

Self Discovery



So some friends have told me that the reason I have a black cloud around me and/or attract the most horrendous characters could be one of many things:

(1) Some say you attract what you are. Stop the bus. I am not evil. Friends counteracted with the fact that is in fact true. Fargo is not evil, but I worked in law enforcement with evil suspects for years. Apparently, they feel I have bad energy attached to me from these days.

Well, fuck you, evil cloud.

I reject that theory. I do not believe that what happens in life to me is luck, supernatural, or malevolent. It doesn't mean I don't believe in that stuff. I am just not applying it to my circumstances.

(2) Some say I am a fixer and so my personality cannot help glob onto someone or something that needs to be fixed. No. I can't fix anything. I usually have to call someone to do that.

Next!

(3) I am predestined to be a martyr.

Fuck me in the ass. I reject this notion as well. I will not die, I am invincible! To the tower!

(4) Bad luck.

I'm not sure I believe in luck.

You're fired!

(5) Some experts call this a syndrome in a person's mind called, "external locus of control." It is a fatalism where people start believing they can do nothing to change their lives.

Well, hell! We all know I do not have this disease. Your locus of control isn't passed down genetically from generation to generation. Is it learned? If it doesn't work for us, can't we change it? I know this theory is false, so I super reject this idea! Next!

(6) So I went to the experts. GOOGLE. I googled my problems. I found this: "Remember whatever you pay attention to grows in your mind." (Lifehack)

Fuck me in the ass! 

All I pay attention to is serial killer shows and studying bad guys. 



Eureka!

Now I know what is wrong with me. 

To remedy this, I have started to watch reruns of Mr. Rogers and I am currently reading How To Build Grass Huts




5 comments:

Old NFO said...

Well, Joe Btfsplk you're not, and your luck has to turn sooner or later!

Well Seasoned Fool said...

Best explanation. Shit happens.

Cheryl said...

I don't think any of that Law of Attraction BS is real. I don't think you control your destiny by positivey or negativity in your life.

I kind of agree with Well Seasoned Fool that some shit is just bound to fall in our lap. The fact that you are so trusting and nice, some of the shit that falls into your lap you tried to make compost out of or you didn't recognize it was shit to begin with because it was so well hidden in a pot of flowers.

I for one, think you deserve good things to come your way. You need to kick all the shit to the curb.

Coffeypot said...

Don't have any advice for you. You wouldn't listen to me if I did. After all, I'm a man.

Bob G. said...

Momma Fargo:
You're not going through any of the shit that many of the rest of us have had to work our asses off to muddle through.
Been like that since the model came out.

And one thing I NEVER wish on anyone...MY...OWN...LUCK!!!
(kinda like a personal family motto there).

Just do the best you can, make good choices whenever possible and to hell with those that can't handle THAT.

Have a great weekend.

Roll safe down there, Kiddo.