Evidence 101

EVIDENCE 101...Wherever you go, there you are...







Tuesday, February 7, 2017

Slime Balls and Who Has The Bigger Hoses

Some of my LEO friends are lost. Some aren't even my friends, but they are still lost. Some are not cops and they are lost. Some are not lost at all. How many people are lost? How many cops are not lost? How many of my friends wear blue? How many of my NOT friends who are still cops complain about being lost? If Fargo's cop friends are lost, how many of those are friends? Solve for y.

If you have a problem with that...talk to Sally and Spot.

I don't know. As I wrote that, it reminded me of a math problem. Don't question my mind channeling!

Anyhoozles...texting a guy I know yesterday...who is a cop...as of yesterday...made me realize how some forget why they are there in the first place.

Really. Look at me. I mean, I loved the job. Always. Well, most days.

NOT a fake smile
When you are in the cop world and exposed to human misery and dysfunction daily, you can't help but get some of that on you.

It's like that green Slime we played with as kids.






So I tried to talk this person off the ledge so to speak.



Picture me giving him a pep talk and telling him things will change for the better. I was really digging into my grit and bag of tricks. (Not prostitute bag, you gutter dwellers)

Pom poms, short skirt-I had underwear on!...jazz hands. I was really trying hard. 

Cheerleader enthusiasm, bright blue skies, sugar, and fluff. Parade waves.

I tried the splits, but I hurt myself. 

Well, you get the picture...unless you are really stupid.

My pep talk consisted of the societal demands, changing platforms, and getting back to the basics of cop work.

Like I said, I was digging in hard. I was probably mostly full of shit. But sometimes that method works.

Some of my details included: Reformation is underway and Trump will probably put some money into law enforcement to beef up the equipment and fund professionalism through some training and new programs.

Yada, yada.

Standards will be raised and more learning for all. Fun stuff. Tools. Schools. That kind of pep talk.

See! Get it? Got it? Good.

Exciting, right? Yeah, well. It didn't work.

(Let me just show you my text conversation...see pictorial presentation)


I think I have lost my negotiation skills. God save the cops!

Am I going too academia? 


4 comments:

MrGarabaldi said...

Hey Momma Fargo;

You got me at "Gutter Dweller" lol,

Being a cop in this day and age is a lot different than it was 10 years ago. They are catching hell from the Public on both sides. The average PoPo has to wonder if he/she pulls out their service weapon to defend either themselves or somebody else, will the city back them or hang them out on the name of "political expediency". Will they lose their job, will they lose their home, pension, family...will they go to jail. Stuff like that weighs on them. I always wanted to be a Police Officer but in this day and age, the pay don't cover the B.S and you can't make your house note on "dedication." I am not trying to sound negative, but the Popo will have a hard road for the next couple of years. It will help that a "supporter" of the blue line is in the whitehouse and hopefully that will translate to the D.O.J and other .gov agencies and make things easier on the PoPo.

Glad to "hear" from you btw

Bob G. said...

Momma Fargo:
"solve for 'Y'..." ROFL!
That is funny. (hated algebra)
---Mr. G is quite right. wearing the shield today IS a HUGE difference from a decade before. No doubt about that.
I kinda look at "lost" as a relative thing.
What people SAY is one thing...how they LOOK is another.
I can usually size a "lost" person up JUST by looking in their eyes.
(most mugshots are pretty good at doing that).
Gotta see that "divine spark" as it were, or they're just no one going no place.
What they SAY to you is often like casting a line into the lake (and hoping for a quick strike on that bobber).
Lots of people want a conversational "mirror" - someone TO talk to them, and hear another person SAY what the first person was thinking.
It's not 100% validated, but it's a pretty good 'tell" on another individual, when you're going with YOUR gut.
(BTW, it'd be cool to see 'ya in a cheerleader outfit...but, doesn't that Glock chafe?)

Good post.

Roll safe down there, Kiddo.

Old NFO said...

It's a BIG difference, no question. A number of long time LEOs are giving it one more year, either Trump makes a difference, or they're gone down the road.

Cheryl said...

I don't think that you are losing your negotiation skills at all. I have never been in law enforcement but just looking from the outside in, the world seems to conspire to make the job unbearably difficult. (not to mention often under-appreciated)

I would love to see a changing of the tide as far as all the negativity toward the police but then it seems that negativity in general is en vogue right now. Everyone is looking at the dark side of each and every event...often when finding fault is a reach at best.