Evidence 101

EVIDENCE 101...Wherever you go, there you are...







Tuesday, May 2, 2017

RIMWORLD

I bet you all have thought, "What would Fargo have been like a man?" 

Fargo really is a man.

I came to grips with it. 

Well, someone decided to make me just that and put me in his book as a man character. I argued about this discrepancy and in real NFO language, he told me, "You are a man. Deal with it." I didn't even get a kiss with that statement. Then not only did I get told to be a man and like it without a kiss, I was asked to read about it. 

So by now you can understand if I am totally confused with my sexuality.

But Rimworld is not about that at all. It's sci-fi at its finest. It is so detailed with character building and descriptions to spark your wildest imagination that I can't really explain it. You just need to read it. Quickly you are there in that other world. It's like no other.


Yes, there are mechanical things in there above my head, but the story line is so fascinating. There is galactic chaos and universal politics. Plus a lot of combat. I like that, you know. 

I couldn't put it down. Not only did it take me to another world, but it was full of adventure and things I never could even dream about, let alone think someone could make them up. 

Or are they made up? I wonder if Curtis had any experience in area 51? It makes you curious. I mean, who can be that good with extraterrestrial details and planetary information if they weren't part of the X-files? In the military sense of it anyway. Maybe in his Navy days he was flying those things back and forth to Roswell and had conversations. 

It's just a question.

And by the time I was finished, I was a man named Ethan Fargo. And a damn fine one, too. So let me give you an intro from the author himself...

"After a chance encounter with Dragoons and Traders turns a routine planet exploration into a rout that kills his team and his career, Lieutenant Ethan Fargo, medically retired, wants nothing more than to hole up in the backwater Rimworld he’d explored and enjoy a quiet retirement far from people or problems.

Unfortunately, he's about to find out that he's not as retired as he wants to be, and that his new home system comes with dangers, politics, and Dragoon sightings of its own. What promised to be a boring retirement will turn out to be anything but."

Don't be scared. You will find your way through all the danger and journey. And you will be right there, fighting and sweating along with Lt. Fargo. Have your armor ready. Pick up your copy on Amazon. If you fancy, you should buy the first one in the series. It's great too!

And don't forget. I'm still a girl. 

4 comments:

Coffeypot said...

Got my copy downloaded to the Kendall yesterday. I will start it as soon as I finish the one I am reading now. But I know it will be a good read. All Jim's books are excellent.

Mad Jack said...

I'll get it and read it. I'll probably leave a review.

Sooooooo.... if you're having any kind of identity crises, the inimitable Doctor Jack is at your service. We'll get you all straightened out in no time! Or maybe some time, anyway.

Old NFO said...

ROTF, that was MUCH more grace than our original conversation... Seriously, thanks for the read and the mini-review.

MrGarabaldi said...

Hey Momma Fargo;

That was one hell of an introduction. I thought you wanted to beat him with a shoe for that one....but I think he would like it. Don't worry, we know you are a girl, you have bumps in the right places so don't worry ;)