Evidence 101

EVIDENCE 101...Wherever you go, there you are...







Monday, May 1, 2017

We Are Farm Folks

I have never felt below standard until someone comes over in your construction zone of a house. And I rush around and think...no no no visitors. Wait a few months, K?

I mean it's really bad. I am making excuses for everything. And you can tell by the big eyes that most of these people would never live in such substandard housing. Like cardboard boxes might be one upping me right now.

It doesn't matter if you love your house to them. They see the disaster in front of them, and go, "People live here?"

Yep. With kids. *shudder*

It reminded me of the days of PoPo. I must have thought the same. Wait. I don't have poop buckets sitting around. My plumbing works and so does the house's. I guess I don't have meth issues, although it looks like a disguise. I'm really not a narc right now. I don't beat the kids nor the dogs.

The floors to the Harry Potter Haus are ripped up and down to the original hardwoods, except for the parlor which has the yucky carpet on it. These hardwoods are not refinished, but looking pretty rough. And then people.

People come over and I am embarrassed. It's funny how daily I get used to it and it doesn't bother me at all. The outside of the house is pretty pitiful with peeling paint and broken board siding. My barn roof leaks. It needs paint, too. No one can really see all the work I have done on the inside because it is mostly structural and those kind of fixes. Maybe my patchwork walls are not attractive and I should do something about them. I can't decide on paint colors either. I should just stop being such a wishy washy homeowner and get to crackalackin' before it gets more embarrassing when HGTV comes to give me the winning HGTV dream home.

"You have three dogs in here?"

Yep. Running free.  *shudder*

It's crazy. It's chaos. It's a fucking 19th century farmhouse. Animals are on farms. Like many. We resemble that. We are the farm.
It doesn't look so bad from this angle.




Welcome to the Harry Potter Haus. We are happy.

I am the queen of my double wide trailer early American reno home. It's crazy. It's chaos.

Yes, I am working on it. It gets done according to funds and time. Sometimes I have neither. We will fix it. Please come back.


We're different folks. You think my house is crazy? You should read my blogs.


6 comments:

Coffeypot said...

Just a minute, young lady. Why are you embarrassed about anything. It is your house and you know what needs to be done and what will be done as you get to it. They don't like it, don't let the door knob hit them in the ass on the way out. You are worrying too much about what other people thing instead of what make YOU happy. Do not live you life to please other people. You will never win or be anything but frustrated. Don't make excuses, or apologize for a thing. Be happy with yourself. As for the dogs running free, that is as it should be. Tell the snobs that your dogs are more loving and giving than any humans, especially a human that would question their being, can be. Start loving yourself and to hell with trying to please others. Except me. Always try to please me.

Tennessee Grammie said...

Ditto what Coffeypot said. I don't give a rat's eyelash what people who don't understand RENOVATING think and neither should you. You should have seen the looks on some people's faces at the Ridge when my kitchen was torn up and there were 8 cats running around playing hide and seek in the cabinets with no counter tops. You are having anniversaries of your 39th birthday now, so quit caring what other people think and get on with enjoying YOUR life! :)

MrGarabaldi said...

Hey Momma Fargo;

WHat coffeepot and Tennessee Grandma said, it is your house, you don't apologize for it. Your friends are there for YOU, not the house. Don't worry about the appearance, one day the Harry Potter house will be glorious and you will be glad you out in the work

Bob G. said...

Momma Fargo:
Hey, sometimes you gotta do what you gotta do when you're making a house a HOME, right?
We had our share of construction stuff (and we've more to go like new front steps and landscaping).
It's a work in progress, and yes, much of is dependent upon "funding" from the hip-national bank...heh.
And, if the powers running Ft. Wayne keep artificially jacking UP the assessed value of the house (which has fallen drastically over the last 20 years, thanks to HUD/Section 8 rentals all over), we might actually make this place worth something again.
Shame it'll take too many years, though.

Good post.
Stay strong and do what you can when you can.

Roll safe down there, Kiddo.

Well Seasoned Fool said...

+4.

Mad Jack said...

A home under construction is nothing new to me. I grew up on a horse farm where something was always in a state of disrepair. As for the dogs, that the way dogs are supposed to be. How else will you be able to make friends with the dogs if they aren't running around? And then when you eventually sit down (after clearing the couch), you can invite the dog up on the couch and undo the past six weeks of training.

Besides, if they're real, true friends they'll tell you to call the next time you set to work on the house and need some unskilled labor.

Love you Mama Fargo!