Evidence 101

EVIDENCE 101...Wherever you go, there you are...







Monday, June 12, 2017

Comey Is Not A Homie


So did you watch Comey testify? I did.

Did it enlighten you?

It did me. Some things were good. Some things were concerning. I tried to look at it with a neutral filter as a moment to get some truth. I don't know if the oath means anything to politicians and muckety mucks.


I didn't see any "smoking gun" to bring Trump down, but what did concern me were a few things:

1. Loretta Lynch's statements to Comey need to be investigated.
2. The smug attitude of Comey, like he felt he was David bringing down Goliath type smug were really bothersome.
3. Any of his testimony did not prove obstruction in my book, but I'm no expert.
4. I felt it actually helped clarify the frustration Trump was having with Comey not going public about no investigation into the president, but I also understand his position. However, why can't they just come out and say, "there is no investigation at this time." That leaves it open so you don't have to correct.
5. I saw Comey in a different light. I thought he was very stoic and honorable before. In the hearing I thought he lost a lot of credibility being a leaker and a snake. This disappointed me.
6. I also thought his statements about "if I were a stronger man," to be fluff. Come on, we hired a namby pamby as an FBI director? I don't buy it.
7. He seemed kind of flippant at times. That bothered me.
8. I saw both truthful expressions and liar expressions in his body language.
9. I think he really has a lot of disdain for the president.
10. I think he was justly fired.


11. I watched the entire hearing and I think the news watched something entirely different. Their reporting of it was atrocious and false. If you hadn't watched the hearings and relied on the news. Oh boy.
12. Comey looked at the hearing like a time of revenge, but also had a duty. It was a conflict even I saw and at one time, he did admit he was biased because he was fired. It was a humorous moment. I could see why the senators thought he was a good and honorable man, but had problems with some of the things he did.

I'm just kind of really disheartened about everything. I think the deep state exists. I think no matter if Trump did good or bad, there are so many out there to undermine him, I don't know if he would really have a chance.

And he does need to stop tweeting random shit and negative crap. If he just keeps it positive about his visits and speeches, then that will be nice. I think he feels his voice isn't heard, but what he forgets is those Tweets are hostile and don't help his image at all. In fact, it really tarnishes any good he might be doing when he pops off. He needs to shout it at the wall and then NOT memorialize it forever. I don't think he wants to go down as the craziest president around, but he is doing a good job with those tweets.

I think the media is really scary and they have turned into a manipulative monster...much more so than I ever thought.

Those are my takeaways.

4 comments:

Bob G. said...

Momma Fargo:
Funny thing, when I was brought into the "federal employee" gig for the Treasury Dept, we ALL took and oath...and it was GOSPEL.
And after all this time, I was never "un-oathed", so I STILL adhere to what I swore.
A shame others don't feel the same way.
Comey must believe he's another J. Edgar (imho).
I thought he was rather flippant at times.
The Lynch-connection should come under scrutiny.
A stronger man? At 6ft 8in. tall, that's rather imposing to begin with.
I think the lame-stream news was split-screening the hearing with SpongeBob Squarepants...lol
---Agreed that the CONSTANT tweeting BS has to stop. Hire a "tweetologist" or something, right?
---The media needs to be reined back in...they're outgrown their already overly large pants, and that, coupled with the power they're giving themselves IS indeed scary (and very manipulative).
Such manipulation is NOT bringing us together, either...quite the reverse (like that's just what we need after the LAST 8 years).

Good post.
Roll safe down there, Kiddo.

Well Seasoned Fool said...

He bragged, under oath to a Senate Committee, he leaked via a friend, while he was still the FBI Director. Isn't that a felony?

Old NFO said...

Didn't watch it, I was at work, but the 'snippets' were 'interesting' to put it mildly! I'd tend to agree with you, based on what little I saw later.

MrGarabaldi said...

Hey Momma Fargo;

I know the left side of the political aisle were hoping for a smoking gun against President Trump, and I didn't see it and I was surprised that none of the senators called him on the "leaking a memo to a good friend of mine", thingie I think that one slid past him so I was wondering how much they were paying attention. Also in my mind, he should have been fired from the way he handled the Hillary emails. Also the comment about Loretta Lynch telling him to call the emails a "matter", that was the word that podesta was using.....and nothing was said either...the democrats still believe there is Russian interference in the election...they will cling to this until the 2020 elections.