Evidence 101

EVIDENCE 101...Wherever you go, there you are...







Friday, July 12, 2013

KNoCk, KNOCk

To say I read a lot is an understatement. Books have been a part of  my life since I was very young. I was the kid that read under my bed, under the covers, in the closet, bathtub, prairie, meadow, barn, banks of the streams, and anywhere I could lose myself in the pages.



I just read a delightful book by Dr. Gary Yarbrough, House Calls: Stories from Thirty Years of Rural Medicine Among the Amish and English. You can pick up a copy on Amazon, just click on the above picture and it will take you shopping.

I only wished I had the pleasure to meet Dr. Yarbrough. The good doctor brings to us on his pages, his extraordinary adventures in medicine. "House Calls" is different, interesting, and dug into the unusual. It was about people. To say it dove into simple, good living and brought me back to what is American just doesn't do this book justice. However, I don't want to get into a lot of details, because I think you need to discover it for yourself.

It made me smile, and experience the same feelings Dr. Yarbrough wrote about introducing us to his characters. There were some sad notes, but he didn't dwell on it. I might have had a puzzled look on my face at times trying to place myself in the doctor's shoes.

"House Calls" is well written, intriguing, and is a "behind the stethoscope" look at a practice that no longer exists in most of America. Thank you, Dr. Yarbrough for sharing this incredible and fun read! It's for everyone. Pick it up on Amazon and enjoy something unique!

6 comments:

Ms. A said...

You have time to read? Obviously you don't read a gazillion blog posts per day and umpteen of them are by just one blogger! LOL!

Are you on speed? Slow down, woman!

Wrexie said...

It sounds like a good read. Reminds me of stories from our rural vets here... I'm sure it's very interesting and intriguing. thanks.
are you on speed? lol

Wrexie said...

OH. I forgot to say "Who's there?"

Masshole Mommy said...

This actually does sound pretty interesting.

Bob G. said...

MOmma Fargo:
Having grown up in the city, I was about as far from RURAL as east was from west, but we ALSO used to have HOUSE CALLS from the doc.
I erally do miss the days when health care was a lot more "personal"...instead of being "just am account number".

Sounds like a really good read.

Roll safe out there and keep on reading!

Rawknrobyn.blogspot.com said...

I think I've heard of this author. I'll file this one in my "remember to order" brain cells. Thanks, MF.

xoRobyn