It is no secret that police continue to dominate domestic news at some point or the other. Mostly it's about corruption. Corruption is bad whether it is big or small. The Boogie Man Is My Friend is going to host a random discussion. Some are about corruption. Some are about random things...why? Because it's a random discussion. The questions posed to you are this:
1. Why do you think police become corrupted and how?
Be thorough. Use your inner thoughts-don't go too far as to scare readers away, but get in there and dig around. Besides the obvious, what alarm bells go off when you hear corruption?
Research. Phone a friend.
2. What is your favorite cop hero story?
Mine was rescuing a fireman. And if you are one of those smartasses out there...don't email me with, "Is there such a thing?" haha
Ok. Enough with the funny business and picking on the "other blue". In all seriousness, do you have one that touched your heart or one that you know personally. If not, what about a national story?
3. What do you think about the new police training on active shooters in schools, businesses, etc.?
To be brief, the training was to "run, hide, do as they say."
Now it has moved to train the public to "run, hide, fight."
I will add a little insight to this as well, but I want to hear what you think if you were tasked as being a hostage or potential target for an active shooting event, crisis, incident. I also want you to think about what you would do as an individual in a moment of split second thinking.
4. What book are you reading now? Do you like it? Will you finish it? Do you read books? Why or why not?
I might suggest Orange Is The New Black. My friend suggested to me.
5. Do you work out regularly? If so, what do you do? Why do you like it?
6. As a property owner, what do you think about city codes, ordinances, HOAs, or other regulations on your property? What is good and bad about covenants?
7. What police agency do you think is the most corrupt? And why?
8. How do police agencies battle corruption? What is the best checks and balances in place?
9. Overall, (the sum of the parts) do you have a favorable outlook on police? Or unfavorable? And why?
10. Open ended question. What question do you have that you want answered and discussed?
Email away or comment below! I am truly interested in what you think out there.