Evidence 101

EVIDENCE 101...Wherever you go, there you are...







Wednesday, September 3, 2014

MADventure

Goal setting is a constant passion of mine. It was drilled into my head by my elementary and high school teachers in the little town of Farson, Wyoming. I can't fix it. If I finish something. I start something new.

One of my new goals is to do a marathon in 2 years. I don't care if it takes me all day or I fall flat on my face, but I must at least crawl to the finish line.

My friend asked me to begin marathon training and so we have.

We are beginning Week 2 and I am already down 10 pounds. Whoopee!

Believe me, I fared well through a good squirrel winter. Zoiks!
It's coming out...the suit...I feel it. I miss those days of feeling confident and not a care in the world...and feeling GOOD. I am going to fight old age all of the way.

I am empowered!

Zombie race coming soon. I will not look like this...


or this...

I am going to outrun all of them. Three flags to the finish!

Once the Haunted Forest is over, I committed to a race once a month after that. The university schedule is going to kill me. It's hard to go college and keep up with the spring chickens, but my ego of not letting them get one up on me is kicking in. Bed races are soon. We have to do better than last year.

Lucky for me, our college benefits rock. The college philosophy is one they believe in having fit faculty/staff (I'm sure it makes their insurance rates go down). There are many freebees offered.

Free races.

Free fitness tests.

Free screenings.

Free gym passes.

Free fit passes.

I earned free fitness classes in my Wellness Incentive program. I began those two weeks ago and I am no Lightning McQueen. Wait, he's a car. Strange analogy.

Next semester I get a professional trainer from a local fitness club who is a pro body builder. I am not getting into body building, however, I am going to get strong.

Boxing classes after that.

MMA? Who knows? It sounds kind of fun. I need a good scrap. I miss those days of random fights.

In other strange news of meeting goals is the bucket list which is so long I need to start now...skydiving next summer. It's already planned with Ted and Kramer. They are so awesome. My first jump. I know I said I would never jump out of a perfectly good airplane, but what the heck...bucket list- ON!

I think I had too much coffee today. I seem a little wired...weird...wired...

9 comments:

Coffeypot said...

I like the pictures. You still look good in your normal self and without your makeup.

Rawknrobyn.blogspot.com said...

Go, you! Fight the old-age booger! I'm fighting too, from the sidelines as I cheer you on and eat some chocolate. Well, I'll also do a 5K in November. Then I'll get back to cheering you on and eating chocolate.

Momma Fargo said...

Coffeypot...HAHA! The first picture is a year and a half ago. The second one is new.

Robyn...You go, girl!Oh,...chocolate...(squirrel!)

Well Seasoned Fool said...

Skydivers! Aarg. Never done it but have carried aloft many. Cute people; like to take your magneto (think ignition) key out the door with the last jumper. Don't be that jumper!

Ms. A said...

It would take me 2 years to do a marathon... and then another 2 to recover.

Momma Fargo said...

Mrs. A...it might be the same for me..run,walk, or crawl. I plan to only do one. Just a bucket list achievement.

VandyJ said...

I tried running and have determined that I will only run if something dangerous is chasing me. I am however attempting Jillian Michaels 30 day shred. My thighs hate me right now.
Go you, own that marathon!

GunDiva said...

Your list makes me tired.

But I'm stoked about all the wellness benefits! Those are awesome!

Momma Fargo said...

WSF...I will remember to lock those up in the locker. LOL.

Mrs. A. It might do me in!

VandyJ...I love Julian! She gets results!

GunDiva...You mean making a list isn't the same workout as doing it? Rats. Foiled again. LOL. I want to do many things before my body breaks down. These things excite me. Now my travel list...long and spendy. Someday...