Evidence 101

EVIDENCE 101...Wherever you go, there you are...







Wednesday, September 10, 2014

Reckloose

College students can amaze us at unexpected moments. Except for me. I did nothing amazing in college except park my roommates car on Prexy's pasture and the lawn near the dorms several times being the most sober driver. I could really kick my own ass back then. I was such a "reckloose" (not recluse) and had no regard for what I was doing or could have done. Neither did my friends. It was the early 80s. We had no wisdom at the time. Things were different.

reckloose=someone who is reckless, endangers others, and has no regards to safety, no fear and runs loose all over living carefree with no sense in their head. It's my word.

I remember back when I was in college. It seemed to move in the fast lane. I didn't study. I ran a lot, worked out, played intramural basketball and volleyball. Partied.

I just showed up for tests. I was more into the field study and practical application of college, the social atmosphere. Not that I didn't like knowledge. I did. I just had no interest in statistics, biology lab, or accounting at that time. I actually showed  up to classes like Calculus 3, Trigonometry, American History, and Philosophy and got A's in the hardcore courses. I sloughed off the basic general classes.

In other words, most of my core classes I didn't take to, but I dove into the meat and potatoes or special interest classes. I majored in Marketing and Art. Who knew I should have dove into Criminal Justice? I have no regrets. I loved running a successful business. Someday, I may try it again...somewhere else. Word up. Music back in that time was pure 80s...



I fully expect I may retire in the mountains somewhere, perhaps Buffalo, Dubois, or Cody, Wyoming where it is more affordable than Jackson...or Kelly...or Astoria where my heart longs. I could see myself in Ten Sleep, Wyoming in the canyon or even next to Golden, Colorado. I will be remote wherever I am. I don't care about convenience. Its the way I was meant to live.

Jasper, one of our student employees,  surprised me today as I walked back from my workout, he handed me a slick piece of paper which I instantly recognized as a Starbucks free coffee coupon.

ME: What's this?

JASPER: It's for you, Miss Loving.

ME: Oh, I can't take this. You need that. You are a college student. Have to save where you can, you know?

JASPER: Nope. I insist. 

ME: Are you sure? That is awful nice. Thank you.

JASPER: Yep. I wanted to bless someone today and I chose you.

ME: You are a blessing. Thank you.

He looked at me with his big pearly white smile and I patted his shoulder. The nice young man, my little criminal justice major, almost made me tear up. Bless his heart. I turned around and gave him a hug. He has a good heart and a good mind. He just needs some guidance, but he has a strong religious faith. There are moments when you see a young person grow and it just amazes you...


Tomorrow is the big day-09-11. Remember those lost that day and keep their families and those left behind in your hearts.  Let us never forget. Our country changed forever that day...

5 comments:

MrGarabaldi said...

Hey Momma Fargo;

Yep the music from the 80's was like no other....My favorite decade by the way:) I will always remember 9-11, it was and is the Pearl harbor for our generation, but I fear that the people we have elected have forgotten what that day means or sub consciously want to see it happen again to knock us down a few pegs to justify their belief in the their perceived flaws of the country.

P.S. Nice seeing you on linked;)

VandyJ said...

I was a bit reckloose when I was in college, but We tended to stay put in our reckloose behavior--not travel around so much. I do have memories of a midnihgt, barefoot run to Prexy's and a bit of time spent sitting on heads of the nuclear family...

Momma Fargo said...

Mr. G: I do enjoy me some 80's tunes once in a while. Some of it is on my ipod for running inspiration. LOL. As for 9-11, I think decades later it will be remembered like Veteran's Day and not so "fresh."

VandyJ: The nuclear family. You know in my day, we called that statue The Family Orgy. :)

Well Seasoned Fool said...

Not that much to do in Laramie.

Bob G. said...

Momma Fargo:
There are always the POCONOS in Pennsy (away from the touristy stuff, though)...nice mountains there, too.
(sorry, a bit biased - I'd love to be able to afford to move there...lol)

Stay safe down there, Kiddo.