Evidence 101

EVIDENCE 101...Wherever you go, there you are...







Monday, July 31, 2017

Carry A Big Stick and Get Thick Skin

How do you get thick skin? Walk around barefoot or nekkid to develop calluses. Or you could just experience life like me and it catches on naturally. Sandy beaches are good to rid yourself of calluses btw. 

Why the strange title? It will make sense later. Or maybe not. I might need more coffee. Not that coffee helps me make sense of things, but you know, it might make posts more logical. See what I did there?

Excitement always follows receiving something in the mail. This weekend, I received my Blue Line items and I am so impressed! I will be posting with pics and a review.

I am also finishing a new book, Knoll, which will be reviewed on here as well. It is an intriguing novel about JFK. More later.

In other news, President Trump hired Andrew Dice Clay to come aboard the White House. I just shake my head. This Mooch guy is not someone I am impressed with and the antics and terrible interviews are giving me eye rolls.



Photo credit: Pinterest and The New Yorker


Don't mock me. I'm on to something here. It's true. Picture Mooch in a $15,000 suit saying some of this stuff we remember coming out of Andrew Dice Clay onstage. I even Tweeted to SNL to bring in the Dice. Here's some of his most notable quotables: 

"When you jerk off, you're saying "Hey", I care about me.


"I like when something makes you think after you stop watching."
photo credit: Pinterest



"Women today leave the house in animal prints and six inch stilettos, what does that say? I'm going to church? They're saying I want you to hang me by my tits from your ceiling and bite my ass. You know what I mean? That's what it says to me anyway.



"I'm a Brooklyn guy onstage, and I try to really feed my fans with the kind of material they expect from me."



Now let's introduce you to some motivational posters of Mooch's most notable quotables and you can compare the doppelganger effect I noticed between the two. They could be twinsies. These memes are taken from The Daily Show:


Credit: The Daily Show
The greatest thing is that SNL doesn't have to work very hard at this likeness.

It's Brooklyn style.

The WH is beginning to mimic my patrol days. We can't make this stuff up. 


credit: The Daily Show



I will have to say that everyone is watching. 

Nowadays... more than ever, every word is being twisted and analyzed to the death. It gets a little kookie after a while. But I just invest in more Indiana popcorn and watch the shit show.

Fairly saying, parts of Trump's speech to law enforcement were a little on the Andrew Dice Clay side. Isn't it amazing that 50 seconds of a 35 minute speech can upset the whole world? They have forgotten about the befores and afters of that segment.

You can google it on the interwebs to find the snipit about "don't be too nice". I tried to put it in this post and all I found was garbage attached to the clips in newsfeed or Youtube, but did place the cleanest one I could find minus propaganda. I wanted it without their spin. 

He tried to put in some humor there, which I did giggle but I know better. It isn't real life procedural permission to beat "the thugs". BTW, law enforcement has been using the word "thugs" without color for years. The word has no racial meaning and if you take it that way, then you are suffering from ID-10-T errors. Get it checked. Pronto.

Back to the clip. This is my take and my opinion does not matter and all the snowflakes can burn me to the ground. Anyway, I think it's him trying to connect. In all fairness, I think all people put their little jabs in police procedures. In this day and age, reform is key and now even joking about things is not OK. My books certainly would go over like a lead balloon now. And I didn't violate their rights. I was just a smart ass.

In reference to his words, I think it was a Trump speech and not a speech writer's masterpiece. Sometimes that is OK, and sometimes that is dicey...no pun intended.

Perhaps he needs to rely on those speech experts a little more so or tone down the message so no one gets butt hurt. In today's age, too many people take his message and swing it to their agenda. It went all kinds of haywire in a matter of a few hours after he finished. I'm sure he walked out of there with protesters outside waving some sort of new hate flags and calling for condemnation. 

Now did I get a little chuckle? Yes. Would I take his words to the bank if I were a cop? No. I think the smart ones know the laws and civil rights violations are a no-no. We don't want to go to jail. We don't want to hurt people. We want everyone to go home safe. 

But so many out there want to burn the WH down, that they are now believe Trump just gave the police a green light to brutality. Come on. 




As you browse the headlines, the news is saying police rejoiced and celebrated in the streets nekkid or something over the words. Cops thought to themselves," OH yeah! The president wants us to be mean to thugs." Seriously. Peshaw. If you really think that, then you have no faith in the police. I watched the speech. They chuckled and they clapped, but it was all in jest. And some of them did not crack a poker face. Why? Because they are on national television. This is what I saw on the screen. Bad humor? Perhaps. Perhaps we get too sensitive and overly concerned about each and every piece of rhetoric. 

It makes a person realize being the president could be costly to your normal way of life because if you breathe wrong, you are mocked or criticized. Some handled things better than others and it is for sure to say this president is not like any of the others. 

Was it New York style? Yes. Was it politically correct? No. 

What happened?  All the media, civil rights groups are jumping up and down, "Foul! Seriously a blatant foul, Mr. President!"  and certain police orgs are backpedaling stating he sent the wrong message. 

Are you insinuating that police are too dumb to know which procedures are lawful and correct under civil rights acts and humanitarian ways? Boy, that says a lot too. You have no confidence in police if you think they will take that as a green light. 

I don't think real issues of brutality are funny. I do recall some of the retired cop stories and movies depicting the "old days" where police were out of control. This isn't 1920's Mafialand or NY City in the 1960s. We are moving ahead. No, the president cannot joke about these matters. We can't either any more. Apparently, no one should or you face the consequences of public court verdicts. At least according to the political correctness of the mainstream. 

You know the irony? People can cut us down and call us pig, fuzz, copper, cop, bacon eaters, etc. All this is OK for people to jest about or even say it with disdain in their voice. However, cops can't joke the other way. I guess we have to keep that in tight circles so people don't think we are heartless and racists or brutal pigs. No pun intended. 

Is there any good news? I don't know. Let me dig around...

I do like Gen. Kelly as Chief of Staff. I don't know that Priebus was very effective. Neither was he very public, so my opinion is neither good nor bad, just indifferent. Now, who is going to man the Homeland Security gig? Have no inkling. We are in suspense. 

And I had enough news for the day. Back to coffee time. 






Can't we all just get along? It wears me out. 

My words of wisdom: "Stop being a bunch of pussies."



Fargo out. 





5 comments:

Bob G. said...

Momma Fargo:
---Some days, it feels like I'm wearing RHINO-HIDE...and in the summer, that really sucks...LOL.
---LMAO...the WH hired The Diceman -THAT'S BRILLIANT!
Ford Fairlane LIVES (and apparently now in D.C.)
---You nailed the ten-ring with those memes...
---"Invest in Indiana popcorn and watch the shit show"...sounds about right to me, too!
(we're gonna need BIGGER fans)
---NY style...it's an animal all it's own, believe me.
---Yeah, the joking should be a two-lane highway, but society (and the media) have turned it into a damn one-way street (with a dead end several blocks ahead).
---We COULD all get along...if the idiots would stop pissing me off (and no, I don't need anger management courses...LOL).

Very good post.

Roll safe down there, Kiddo.

MrGarabaldi said...

Hey Momma Fargo;

Very good post and the you perked my interest when you mentioned about walking around nekked, lol Anyway, I am glad to see The Diceman" in the Whitehouse, to me he represented the establishment and a lot of people think that it was him and a couple of cronies doing all the leaking. Perhaps now the president can get a coherent message out there with all the distractions.

Mad Jack said...

Pass the popcorn.

Old NFO said...

He's NOT a politician, so the truth DOES end up getting said in speeches... And pass the popcorn! :-)

Cheryl said...

I love the "investing in Indiana popcorn and watching the shit show". I think I might have to condense that and stick it on a t-shirt.

People seem so intent on jumping on every last word and making it literal. The problem isn't so much "fake" news as it is "skewed" news. Often, I think Trump is an easy target and he rarely states things in a concise manner. I am not sure if he is trying to be cool or funny but he is constantly phrasing things that are begging to be taken out of context.

As far as the removing the hand while putting thugs in police cars, I take that as he was going for humor. Sadly with his vast audience that aren't amused by him it's a given that they will twist that up into something more than it was intended to be.